Super Writers Primary, Secondary IP English, JC General Paper Tuition Classes
In Person Classes
What is covered in our classes?
Useful Techniques that your child will be learning in our classes, specially curated In-house curriculum and materials for:
Paper 1 (Situational Writing & Creative Writing)
- 7 steps to writing an A* composition (Situational and Continuous Writing)
- view our students compositions here: http://www.learningjourney.edu.sg/creative-writing-english-paper-2-tuition/model-compositions-primary/
- Composition writing techniques
- Composition graded writing practices
- Mock Exam papers
- Comprehension OE and stimulus based Answering Techniques
- Techniques to use for Comprehension Cloze, Editing skills
- Tackling Vocabulary questions and important vocabulary lists
- Techniques to ace the Synthesis and Transformation
- Mock Exam papers
- Paper 3: Oral (Reading Aloud & Stimulus-Based Conversation)
- Stimulated Oral practices closely aligned to PSLE Oral questions
- Techniques to ace English Oral
Secondary/IP English Classes
✅A stellar track record
✅A quality curriculum (customised based on your child’s school curriculum) and lesson materials that meets your child’s learning needs.
✅Specially curated curriculum & lesson materials (Our assessment books are sold in Popular Bookstores)
✅Dedicated Teachers who give individualised & constructive feedback to help motivate your child achieve his/her desired grades?
✅ IP English classes dedicated for IP students from Victoria School, Cedar Girls’, Catholic High, St Nicholas’ Girls, SCGS, RI, RGS, Dunman High, NUS High, NYGH, TJC and Hwa Chong Institution students.
✅ Small class size of 1 teacher to 6 -8 students.
We understand that each IP school’s English curriculum differs, hence, our lessons are customised to follow your child’s school IP English curriculum. This allows for lessons to be conducted more effectively and allows the teachers to teach the most effective techniques to target areas for improvements. We review their areas of weaknesses, coach them for improvement and impart techniques to help them do well.
For Secondary/IP 1-4 students, our curriculum focuses on:
1. Comprehension Answering Techniques
2. Summary writing tips, techniques and practices.
3. Narrative writing
4. expository, discursive, argumentative essay writing techniques and tips
5. Application Question (AQ) critical questioning and reflection techniques (IP & JC students only)
6. Current affairs (Local and Global)- content lectures to help students to write convincingly.
Written assignments are given after techniques are introduced, to ensure that students understand the techniques taught.
Experience our effective online writing classes & award-winning curriculum today!
”Live” interactive & engaging lessons, not pre-recorded videos
Excellent learning experience in a small class setting (4-8 students)
Easy to use online class platform that enables real time marking and individualised feedback from teachers
Specially curated curriculum & lesson materials (Our assessment books are sold in Popular Bookstores)
As Featured On Singapore’s The Straits Times, Channel 5’s Talking Point
How are we different from other online classes?
We specialise in Composition writing & Paper 1 & 2 Techniques
Comprehensive child-centric curriculum & Methodology
- No more than six students in a class
- Live lessons – Instant interaction through chat with video and Q&A participation
- Real-time maximised interaction and engagement
- Real-time submission of assignment and on-the-spot feedback
- Lesson Materials will be sent by courier FOC to your doorstep
Since the introduction of our online classes in 2020, many of our existing students have switched seamlessly to our online classes, and they have raved about how our online classes are as good as our physical classes! Moreover, parents and students who live far away from our physical centres are glad that they can finally embark on a learning journey with us!
With physical distance out of the equation, our students can fully commit their time and energy on following our lessons, and excelling in their exams!
What are offered in LJEC online lessons?
The LJEC Online Classroom Experience
|Class Size||With a maximum of six students in a class, a close monitoring of your child becomes possible. Hence, we are able to almost emulate the setting of a physical classroom.|
|Lesson Delivery||Lessons are delivered “LIVE”, which means that your child gets the immediate attention and feedback he or she needs. With such immediacy, he or she will be able to progress much better.
We do not provide pre-recorded teaching sessions. Why?
We believe that the human touch is important and the best way we can convey that in an online class is through live interaction with the teacher. In this way, students will still be able to ask their questions and get their answers in real-time.
|Assignments||Most assignments handed to the students will be submitted to us for marking. Once your child receives the completed marked copy, our teachers will go through the answers/composition corrections during the lessons with individualised feedback.|
|Materials||Our online classes are designed in a way that mirrors teaching in the physical classroom. That means the same materials and techniques used in LJEC’s centre-based lessons are also used in our online classroom!|
- Specially curated In-house curriculum and materials
- Easy to use platform for homework submission and marking
- LJEC Techniques for paper 1 and 2 sections
- Super Writers™ writing techniques for Composition
- Weekly Lessons of 1.5hours / 2-hours with LJEC Teachers
- Real time monitoring and feedback
Furthermore, parents will be able to bond with their child whilst they learn online. This bonding effect is what builds a stronger relationship as well as a keenness to learn.
- A conducive environment – less distractions, greater focus
- A working webcam and microphone – important tools for an effective participation
- A stable internet connection – for a smooth lesson
- A fully charged laptop or desktop – highly recommended for ergonomic purposes
Which should you choose – an online or a physical class?
|Online Class||Physical Class|
|Go maskless!||Compulsory to wear a mask|
|No commute, saves time||Need to factor in travel time|
|Might face technical issues||No technical issues to solve|
|Students who lack discipline can go astray from the lesson||Teacher is able to closely (with social distancing ) monitor the student|
|Slow typers might find it frustrating||It’s back to putting their pen to paper, literally|
For more information about our class curriculum, please visit: https://www.learningjourney.edu.sg/our-curriculum/
You may sign up through our website or contact our friendly customer service manager via Call/Whatsapp Us: +6597208802 to help you with your child’s enrolment.