Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Learning Journey Education Centre’s (LJEC) programmes
Upon enrolment into Learning Journey Education Centre’s (LJEC) programmes, the student/parent/guardian hereby agrees to and accepts the terms and conditions stated herein:
- Fees Payment
- All fees paid are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A one-time registration fee is payable for each new student who joins our regular programmes.
- Fees for each term must be paid one (1) month in advance before the start of the new term to confirm your child’s class slot for the following term.
- A $20 administrative fee will be payable if payment is received after the start of the term.
- If payment is not received by the due date, the class slots may be released to the next student on the waiting list.
- If your child joins in the middle of the term, the fees will be pro-rated accordingly based on the remaining number of lessons. Material fees will also be payable and will not be pro-rated.
- The centre reserves the right to refuse attendance if payment has not been received by the due date.
- As classes will continue during School Vacations (March, June, September, November and December), and on public holidays that fall on weekends, fees will be charged.
- All fees are subject to review and revision.
- Trial lesson policy
- Students may register for four (4) trial lessons (lesson fees payable) for creative writing/composition writing.
- Fees for tuition trial classes will be paid based on four (4) lessons and material fee.
- For pre-school enrichment classes (including Phonics, P1 Preparation, Show-and-Tell), student may sign up for a one-time one (1) lesson trial class.
- If the student continues classes after the trial period, the registration fee, as well as the lesson fees for the balance of the term, will be payable. A one-time material fee is payable upon registration. Registration fee and the material fee will not be pro-rated regardless of the join date.
- On the first lesson, students are encouraged to bring along a photocopy of their last graded composition/SA papers for our teachers’ analysis and writing materials..
- Payment Modes
- We accept payment by NETS, PAYNOW to UEN and internet/ATM bank transfer.
- For PAYNOW to UEN, internet/ATM bank transfers, please WhatsApp/SMS/email the full transaction details. A receipt will be issued upon verification of payment.
- We do not accept cash or credit card payments.
- Withdrawal Policy
- If a student wants to withdraw from any class, he/she will need to give us at least one (1) month’s notice before the last lesson. For pre-school enrichment classes (including Phonics, P1 Preparation, Show-and-Tell), the deposit will be forfeited if the notice period is less than one (1) month.
- A withdrawal form is to be completed and submitted to the Centre Manager.
- No refunds will be given for unused portions of the fees.
- Replacement Lessons
- Each student is entitled to four (4) days of leave of absence (LOA) per subject for each calendar year, i.e. replacement classes can be scheduled if lessons are missed due to personal reasons e.g. overseas vacation.
- Each LOA application is to be submitted at least one (1) week in advance.
Medical reasons or school event
- If your child is unable to attend class and is able to produce a valid medical certificate or a letter from the school (school events), a replacement class can be scheduled.
- Replacement classes have to be completed within the same month, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
- Replacement classes are subject to the availability of classes, especially on weekends.
- Payment for a full term remains applicable even if your child misses any class.
- The centre reserves the right to reschedule or to cancel a class at any point of time during the term due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Lessons During School Holidays
- During the school holidays, lessons will continue and fees remain payable.
- Our centres are closed during the last week of December every year. There are no classes during that week and no fees will be payable.
- For gazetted public holidays that fall on weekdays, no classes will be conducted and no fees will be payable. However, if the public holiday falls on a weekend, classes will be conducted as usual and fees would be payable.
- Other Terms and Conditions
- LJEC will assume the responsibility of supervision of the student while the class is in session. We assume no responsibility for the supervision of the student at times outside of the class sessions, or if the student chooses to leave LJEC’s premises during the lesson for any reason.
- All costs incurred as a result of any damage, injury, loss, expense or liability that may be caused to public and/or private property by the student will be borne by his/her parents/guardians.
- LJEC owns the copyrights to our students’ work and compositions completed throughout the duration of the programme. LJEC has the right to reproduce or publish our students’ works for advertising or other purposes.
- LJEC reserves the right to replace or change class teachers without prior notice.
- LJEC reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Indemnity Agreement
I/We, are the parents/legal guardian of the above child/children and by using the programmes provided by Learning Journey Education Centre, we agree to release and hold harmless Learning Journey Education Centre, its managers, owners and employees from any and all claims, demands, suits, costs and charges in connection with or arising out of the programme, including but not limited to, bodily harm or injury to my/our child/children howsoever caused and further authorise Learning Journey Education Centre, at its absolute discretion, to administer or cause to be administered, at my/our sole cost and expense, medical treatment and/or medication to my/our child/children in the event of any emergency. We further agree to indemnify the school and its staff against any claim, demand or proceedings made on behalf of the child on account or any injury or death. We have also read and understood the school terms and conditions and hereby agree to abide by them.
We hereby give permission:
- For our child to participate in all activities in the programmes conducted by Learning Journey Education Centre.
- For the centre’s teachers to take whatever steps as may be necessary to obtain emergency medical care. These steps may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attempt to contact parents or guardians. If the parents or guardians cannot be contacted, the teacher will do any or all of the followings: Call a physician, or an ambulance, have the child taken to any clinic or hospital in the company of a staff member. All medical expenses incurred thereby will be borne by the parents/guardian of the child.
- For the safety of other children, we regret that we are unable to care for and allow entry for children who are unwell (running a temperature, appear unwell). If your child is not feeling well or suffering from any contagious disease (sore eyes, measles, chicken poxes, HFMD, COVID-19, fever, cough, flu), we reserve the right to not to admit the child into the centre. If your child is diagnosed with HFMD, a letter of medical clearance from a certified doctor is required to be given to the centre admins when the lesson resumes. If your child is covid positive, a negative ART is required to be shown to the respective centre admins before attending lessons.
- For any parents or legal guardians who do not comply with the above rules and regulations, LJEC’s Staff reserve the right to decline entry and registration of the parents’ children/child.
- Personal Data Protection Act (Singapore)
- By using this site, you agree to allow us to collect or use your information in an appropriate manner in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
- In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”), Learning Journey Education Centre (LJEC) seeks your consent to collect and use your personal data (i.e. Name, NRIC, contact numbers, mailing and email addresses) in order to maintain the LJEC registry of students.
- LJEC will also collect and use your personal data to provide you with information on studentship, student progress updates, fee payment reminders and activities such as upcoming programmes organised by LJEC which may be relevant to you (“Services”).
- LJEC respects your privacy and assures that your personal data will be kept securely according to PDPA.
- By contacting us, you give your acknowledgement and consent to LJEC to use your personal data for the aforesaid Purposes and Services. In the event that you have registered your Singapore telephone numbers(s) with the Do Not Call Registry and wish to withhold or withdraw your consent to LJEC in respect of receiving telephone calls and/or SMS, you endeavour to provide sufficient notice to LJEC of such as soon as reasonably practicable. You further agree to indemnify LJEC against any financial penalties imposed by the Personal Data Protection Commission or any court of law in Singapore as a direct or indirect result of your failure to inform LJEC of my registration with the Do Not Call Registry.