Terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions for Learning Journey Education Centre’s (LJEC) programmes
Upon enrolment into Learning Journey Education Centre’s (LJEC) programmes, the student/parent/guardian hereby agrees to and accepts the terms and conditions stated herein:
- All fees paid are strictly non- refundable and non-transferable.
- A one-time registration fee is payable for each new student who joins our regular programmes.
- Fees for each term must be paid one (1) month in advance before the start of the new term to confirm your child’s class slot for the following term.
- A $20 administrative fee will be payable if payment is received after the start of the term.
- If payment is not received by the due date, the class slots may be released to the next student in the waiting list.
- If your child joins in the middle of the term, the fees will be pro-rated accordingly based on the remaining number of lessons. Material fee will also be payable and will not be pro-rated.
- The centre reserves the right to refuse attendance if payment has not been received by the due date.
- As classes will continue during School Vacations (March, June, September, November and December), and on public holidays that fall on weekends, fees will be charged.
- All fees are subject to review and revision.
Trial lesson policy
- Students may register for a four (4) trial lessons (lesson fees payable) for creative writing/composition writing.
- Fees for tuition trial classes will be paid based on four (4) lessons and material fee.
- For pre-school enrichment classes (including Phonics, P1 Preparation, Show-and-Tell), student may sign up for a one-time one (1) lesson trial class.
- If the student continues classes after the trial period, the registration fee, as well as the lesson fees for the balance of the term, will be payable. A one- time material fee is payable upon registration. Registration fee and material fee will not be pro-rated regardless the join date.
- On the first lesson, student are encouraged to bring along a photocopy of their last graded composition/SA papers for our teachers’ analysis and writing materials..
- We accept payment by NETS, cheque payment and internet/ATM bank transfer.
- For internet/ATM bank transfer, please WhatsApp/SMS/email the full transaction details. A receipt will be issued upon verification of payment.
- For cheque payment, please write your child’s full name, academic level, subject and contact number on the reverse side of the cheque
- We do not accept cash or credit card payment.
- If a student wants to withdraw from any class, he/she will need to give us at least one (1) month’s notice before the last lesson. For pre-school enrichment classes (including Phonics, P1 Preparation, Show-and-Tell), the deposit will be forfeited if the notice period is less than one (1) month.
- A withdrawal form is to be completed and submitted to the Centre Manager.
- No refunds will be given for unused portions of the fees.
- Each student is entitled to four (4) days of leave of absence (LOA) per subject for each calendar year, i.e. replacement classes can be scheduled if lessons are missed due to personal reasons e.g. overseas vacation.
- Each LOA application is to be submitted at least one (1) week in advance.
Medical reasons or school event
- If your child is unable to attend class and is able to produce a valid medical certificate or a letter from the school (school events), a replacement class can be scheduled.
- Replacement classes have to be completed within the same month, otherwise it will be forfeited.
- Replacement classes are subjected to availability of classes, especially on weekends.
- Payment for a full term remains applicable even if your child misses any class.
- The centre reserves the right to reschedule or to cancel a class at any point of time during the term due to unforeseen circumstances.
Lessons During School Holidays
- During the school holidays, lessons will continue and fees remain payable.
- Our centres are closed during the last week of December every year. There are no classes during that week and no fees will be payable.
- For gazetted public holidays that fall on weekdays, no classes will be conducted and no fees will be payable. However, if the public holiday falls on a weekend, classes will be conducted as usual and fees would be payable.
Other Terms and Conditions
- LJEC will assume the responsibility of supervision of the student while the class is in session. We assume no responsibility for the supervision of the student at times outside of the class sessions, or if the student chooses to leave LJEC’s premises during the lesson for any reason.
- All costs incurred as a result of any damage, injury, loss, expense or liability that may be caused to public and/or private property by the student will be borne by his/her parents/guardians.
- LJEC owns the copyrights to our students’ work and compositions completed throughout the duration of the programme. LJEC has the right to reproduce or publish our students’ works for advertising or other purposes.
- LJEC reserves the right to replace or change class teachers without prior notice.
- LJEC reserves the right to amend the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
I/We, are the parents/legal guardian of the above child/children and by using the programmes provided by Learning Journey Education Centre, we agree to release and hold harmless Learning Journey Education Centre, its managers, owners and employees from any and all claims, demands, suits, costs and charges in connection with or arising out of the programme, including but not limited to, bodily harm or injury to my/our child/children howsoever caused and further authorise Learning Journey Education Centre, at its absolute discretion, to administer or cause to be administered, at my/our sole cost and expense, medical treatment and/or medication to my/our child/children in the event of any emergency. We further agree to indemnify the school and its staff against any claim, demand or proceedings made on behalf of the child on account or any injury or death. We have also read and understood the school terms and conditions and hereby agree to abide by them.
We hereby give permission:
- For our child to participate in all activities in the programmes conducted by Learning Journey Education Centre.
- For the centre’s teachers to take whatever steps as may be necessary to obtain emergency medical care. These steps may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attempt to contact a parents or guardian. If the parents or guardians cannot be contacted, the teacher will do any or all of the followings: Call a physician, an ambulance, have the child taken to any clinic or hospital in the company of a staff member. All medical expenses incurred thereby will be borne by the parents/guardian of the child.
- For the safety of other children, we regret that we are unable to care for and allow entry for children who are unwell (running a temperature, appear unwell). If you child is not feeling well or suffering from any contagious disease (sore eyes, measles, chicken poxes, HFMD, fever, cough, flu), we reserve the right to not to admit the child into the centre. If you child is diagnosed with HFMD, a letter of medical clearance from a certified doctor is required to be given to the trainer when lesson resumes.
- For any parents or legal guardians who do not comply with the above rules and regulations, LJEC’s Staff reserve the right to decline entry and registration of the parents’ children/child.